Fish tacos are a light weight meal that will fill you up on flavor but not on bloat. The cool, crispy, slaw is the perfect accompaniment to a slice of seared tuna and shows how a few simple ingredients can shine based on what they are paired with. This recipe sticks to street taco basics but feel free to add additional toppings that make your heart sing!
Tuna Street Tacos
- Non-stick pan
- 1 lb tuna steak
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 pkg corn tortillas
- 1 cup pre-cut slaw mix
- 1 cup radishes sliced
- 1 lime quartered
- Avocado, Crema, Sour Cream, Corn, Red Onion, Cotija Cheese, and/or Cilantro
- Preheat a nonstick pan on medium-high heat, add Canola or Vegetable oil to pan.
- Sprinkle outside of tuna steak with salt and pepper and cook on preheated pan, turning to a new side as each side browns. The goal is not to cook it through, but to sear the edges.
- Remove heat from pan and allow to rest while assembling the tacos with sliced radishes, slaw mix, and toppings of choice.
- Slice tuna and add to tacos, garnish with a squirt of lime juice and additional toppings as desired.