Hearty salads are a great option for a number of meals. Need a big lunch to hold you over? Hearty Salad. Want a lighter dinner? Hearty salad. Convincing your husband to eat more vegetables? Hearty salad. In this salad the sweetness created from roasting cauliflower really shines. Even after roasting, cauliflower maintains a firm texture that works with the crispy chickpeas to create textural contrast in the salad that makes each bite even more interesting.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Baking Sheet
- Serving Bowl
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil divided, ¼ cup for roasting, another ¼ cup for the dressing
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with tin foil and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Preheat the oven (with baking sheet in it) at 425 degrees F.
- Combine cauliflower, chickpeas, ¼ cup olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven, spray with nonstick spray, and spread a layer of cauliflower and chickpea mixture on the baking sheet. Return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes, turning halfway through, until thoroughly browned.
- While roasting, mix up dressing by whisking together the remaining ¼ cup olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper
- Remove cauliflower and chickpea mixture from the oven.
- Add spinach and cucumbers to the serving bowl, top first with the cauliflower and chickpeas and then drizzle on the dressing.