There’s nothing like a really good salad to encourage you to eat your veggies! Every time I’ve made this salad for holiday dinners, it’s always the first thing to go and the one recipe I get asked for the most. Bosc and Anjou pears are in season during the fall/winter holidays so they’re perfect for salads this time of year.
Pear Feta Salad
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
- 2 small bowls
- Large Bowl
For the maple almonds:
- 1 cup raw almonds chopped or sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
For the dressing:
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
For the salad:
- 1 lb salad greens your preference
- 3 pears preferably Bosc or Anjou, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and diced
- 6 oz feta crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut oil (you can melt it for a few seconds in the microwave if needed), maple syrup, and salt.
- Add almonds to the bowl and stir until evenly coated. Spread almonds out on baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until lightly toasted, up to 10 minutes. Check every few minutes to make sure they don’t burn. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In another small bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and salt. Set aside.
- Wash and chop your salad greens if they aren’t already prepared. Place them into the large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the greens and toss until evenly coated.
- Add the chopped pears and diced avocado to the salad and gently stir to distribute them throughout.
- Top the salad with crumbled feta and toasted maple almonds.