There’s not much that sounds more decadent, or more crave-worthy than a molten chocolate cake. The anticipation of cutting into the cake and releasing that river of chocolate can make the baking time feel like an eternity, but it’s well worth the wait. These cakes will take care of even the strongest chocolate craving, though no promise they won’t cause future cravings and have people begging you to double the recipe! With a recipe that highlights chocolate so heavily, it pays to use good quality chocolate such as Guittard’s or Valrhona.
Chocolate Molten Cake
- Hand Beater
- mixing bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Baking Bowl
- 1 stick butter
- 5 oz chocolate, chopped You can use semi-sweet chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, or a mixture
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder plus more for dusting
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray ramekins with non-stick spray and dust with cocoa powder, then place them on a baking sheet for easier handling.
- Melt chocolate and butter till smooth in the microwave in a microwave-safe container, stopping every 15 seconds to stir.Whisk in powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt till smooth.
- Whisk in eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla till smooth. Gently fold in flour.
- Divide batter between 4 prepared baking bowls. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the sides are firm, but the center still has some jiggle.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute before inverting onto serving plates. Garnish and serve while still warm.