Fresh, seasonal fruit is harder to come by in the fall and winter, so it’s a great time to take advantage of those that are available. Kale and grapefruit make a great winter salad as both are in season this time of year. The colors of each look festive together and the feta really sets it off.
Kale Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- Large Bowl
- small bowl
- 8 cups kale de-stemmed, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp grapefruit juice fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds shelled
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- In a large bowl, add kale and olive oil. Massage the kale until the leaves have softened and are coated with the oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together grapefruit juice, honey, mustard, and salt. Pour over the kale and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and feta over salad to serve.