Chocolate cake is an old-time favorite. For those following a gluten-free diet, it can be hard to find desserts that actually taste good. With this recipe, you can experience the decadence of classic chocolate cake without sacrificing your dietary needs. It’s fudgy, chocolatey, and indulgent—just what you need to satisfy that sweet tooth of yours.
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Compote
- cake pan (10” round)
- 2 small saucepans
- electric mixer & large bowl
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease cake pan with extra butter or cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine water and sugar. Stir over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate. Heat the chocolate in 30 second increments—stirring in between—until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Add the chocolate and butter to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Then beat in the warm sugar water. Finally, slowly beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Cool and chill the cake in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- While the cake is chilling, prepare the raspberry compote. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the honey, raspberries, and orange juice. Simmer for 10 minutes until the raspberries break down. Stir often. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Serve on top of chilled chocolate cake and enjoy!