Mushrooms are one of those things I usually only buy when I have a specific recipe in mind. But then I often end up not needing the whole package. This was one of those recipes I came up with when trying to use up the little bits and bobs of veggies (and mushrooms) that were left in the fridge. One of my goals now is to be more mindful of food waste so I try to incorporate random foods into recipes rather than risk them going bad and having to toss them.
Balsamic Mushrooms, Onions, and Kale
- Large skillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ onion, halved lengthwise sliced
- 1 cup kale, chopped stems removed
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Add olive oil to skillet and heat over medium.
- Add remaining ingredients to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.