Falafel are one of those delicious fried foods that are hard to put down once you start eating them. I wanted to find a way to make them a little healthier since they’re so yummy and do contain some very nutritious ingredients. Air frying is the perfect way to make these falafel guilt-free.
Air Fryer Falafel
- Food Processor
- Air Fryer
- 30 oz canned chickpeas, drained rinsed, patted dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add chickpeas, garlic, and onions to a food processor. Pulse until mostly smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, except olive oil, and pulse until blended.
- Finally, add olive oil and pulse until well blended.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out a portion of the dough and roll into a ball. Continue to do this until all dough is used up.
- Set air fryer to 375 degrees. Lightly spray falafel with cooking spray. Working in batches, place falafel in air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Fry until golden brown, about 13 minutes, turning over halfway through.