Try something different than the usual green bean casserole this Thanksgiving. These roasted green beans are fresher and healthier than those smothered with canned soup and fried onions. Roasting vegetables is a great way to add flavor without adding in a lot of fat and calories.
Roasted Balsamic Green Beans and Mushrooms
- 2 baking sheets
- Large Bowl
- Parchment paper
- 1 lb green beans trimmed, cut in half
- 8 oz white or brown mushrooms sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp almonds sliced
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, add green beans, mushrooms, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt. Toss to coat.
- Arrange green beans and mushrooms in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Roast until green beans are just tender and mushrooms are fully cooked, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread almonds onto baking sheet and roast them for 1 – 1 1/2 minutes. Watch very closely so they don’t burn.
- Place green beans and mushrooms into a serving dish and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.